The Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department is developing an Accessible Housing Program with guidance from LCM.
Plan and Construction Reviews
LCM is working with the City of Los Angeles to verify ADA Title II/UFAS/Section 504 compliance for more than 800 existing and newly completed multifamily affordable housing properties. This effort is part of a settlement agreement between the City of LA and multiple plaintiff groups.
Over the course of 10 years, LCM’s scope includes:
- Survey hundreds of multifamily developments and more than 4,000 dwelling units
- Audit existing accessibility surveys
- Provide plan and construction reviews for new and substantially altered buildings
- Recommend compliant properties and units for City certification
- Train property owners, architects, and City staff on accessibility requirements of the ADA, UFAS, FHA, and California Building Code
Also, LCM is consulting with the City on a separate Voluntary Compliance Agreement involving HUD allegations of noncompliance with FHA design and construction requirements.