LCM’s architecture studio is looking for a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER with 7+ years of experience and a strong desire to be part of a dynamic, growing team.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and team player who can lead project teams in completing tasks efficiently and accurately. They should be able to think critically, be skilled in architectural design, drawing production, consultant coordination, and construction administration, and have experience managing mid- to large-scale projects. They will take the initiative on action items, delegate/coordinate tasks with other team members, review project timelines/milestones, and assist junior staff in solving project-related technical complexities whenever needed.
Our award-winning architecture practice brings life to the imagination of our clients. At LCM, we believe that buildings should adapt to people rather than people having to adapt to buildings. The synergy between our architecture studio and accessibility practices enriches our firm’s culture. We have a vibrant, collaborative environment, and we are looking for someone who will embrace the learning process for themselves to grow professionally and look for opportunities to mentor others within the firm.
While we are headquartered in downtown Chicago, this role will offer opportunities to travel to various locations locally and across states.
- Leads the architectural project team through close collaboration with Partners to achieve design, technical and financial success.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages a variety of project types, including multifamily housing, healthcare, higher education, and hospitality.
- Manages owner/client relationships and expectations effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively.
- Represents the firm as the day-to-day primary contact for client interaction.
- Assists with marketing and business development efforts preparing qualifications statements, proposals, and contracts.
- Actively participates in interviews and presentations.
- Collaborates with team members and other lead professionals to ensure design and documentation are in accordance with project expectations.
- Negotiates critical issues with appropriate parties.
- Travels periodically to project sites.
- Mentors younger team members.
- Performs Construction Administration, including reviewing shop drawings, responding to RFIs, and conducting evaluations of the quality of work.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with PROJECT MANAGER in the subject line.
Include your resume and a compact, representative sample of your work (no larger than 5MB).
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and ethnic minorities are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At LCM Architects we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Design, or a related field.
- Professional architectural license is required.
- 7+ years of planning, design, architecture, or related experience.
- Strong technical and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service projects at various stages of development.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic/visualization storytelling skills to convey ideas to project stakeholders.
- Effective time management, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Committed to excellence and leads by example.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret building codes and standards.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- An entrepreneurial and consulting spirit.
- Eager to learn and self-motivated for career growth.