Are you looking for work that makes a positive impact on the world? Do you enjoy traveling and being outdoors? Do you have a talent for accuracy and problem-solving?
LCM Architects is seeking full-time ACCESSIBILITY SPECIALISTS at various levels of experience to join our ADA team.
As an Accessibility Specialist, you will focus on efforts towards making built environments accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. You will survey facilities for ADA compliance and prepare accessibility reports to assist clients with strategic solutions. As a leading national consultant for accessibility, we have an extensive portfolio of project types all over the United States and overseas. This provides our staff with opportunities for travel to a wide variety of locations.
While we are headquartered in downtown Chicago, our ADA team is spread across the US.
- Review architectural/engineering plans and specifications for compliance with accessibility codes and standards.
- Perform on-site peer reviews for projects under construction.
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility surveys of existing sites and buildings.
- Prepare detailed reports documenting observed conditions.
25% to 65% nationwide travel may be required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org with ACCESSIBILITY SPECIALIST in the subject line.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Our accessibility team comprises people from diverse educational backgrounds and work experiences. The common thread that binds us all is our passion for our work. So, if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for the role!
- Basic knowledge of the accessibility standards of the ANSI A117.1, the 2010 ADA Standards, and the Fair Housing Act.
- Technologically savvy, including the ability to use a smartphone/camera to record observations, and complete reports on a laptop or desktop computer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, Adobe, and/or Bluebeam.
- Ability to drive or fly to client locations and audit sites all day in various weather conditions, with or without accommodations.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, verbal, and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a large team.
- Ability to learn on the job.