GSU Science and Health Wing Renovation

 
GSU SECOND FLOOR HALLWAY WS
 
 
 
 
 

Governors State University’s original architecture reflected the experimental single building “open plan” principle that defined the institution when it opened in 1969. This “open plan” principal was not conducive to current program needs and LCM was commissioned to re-design the E/F wing. The new design houses functions for two colleges: Teaching and research labs for the College of Arts and Sciences’ Biology, Chemistry and Computer Sciences departments; and, the College of Health and Human Services’ Nursing, Physical Therapy and Communication Disorders departments. 

The first phase of the construction called for building infill space to be added for the laboratories and their required systems. This avoids interruption of lab courses, which can continue to use existing space pending completion of the new labs. The remaining space will then be renovated to accommodate classrooms, computer labs, health and science spaces, faculty offices and support areas.

 

LCM Architects     |     819 South Wabash Suite 509     |     Chicago, Illinois 60605    |    312.913.1717    |    © LCM Architects 2012